Dear St. Bernadette Families,
It is hard to believe but we are already at the end of June. Final report cards for students in Grades 1-6, along with the Template of Learning for students in Full Day Kindergarten will be sent home on the last day of school, Thursday June 27th. Please note, this is a regular day of school ending at 3:40 pm. Friday June 28th is a Professional Activity Day and there are no classes that day.
Please advise the office, if you are planning on moving over the summer. This will assist us with planning for next year.
Next year’s classes will be sent to your email on Monday September 2nd for the 2019-2020 school year. Please check www.schoolbuscity.com the last week of August for updated school transportation stops. Our office will re-open on Monday August 26th for any inquiries.
This week, we are excited for our Annual Talent Show on Wednesday June 26th at 1:15 pm in the gym. All are welcome to attend.
We will also be celebrating our 2nd Annual SBE Jamboree on Thursday June 27th at 11:00 am. During our Jamboree, students will be recognized for their achievements over the past school year.
We will also be wishing a fond farewell to several staff members including:
– Ms. Ponzo – Kindergarten Teacher
– Mrs. Wehmeyer – Early Childhood Educator
– Miss Polsinelli – Grade 1 Teacher
– Mr. Amatiello – Grade 1/2 Teacher
– Ms. Sita – Grade 2/3 Teacher
– Ms. Barnett – Grade 4/5 Teacher
– Mme Klobucar – FSL Teacher
– Mdme Quindamo – FSL Teacher
– Ms. Douglas – Physical Education Teacher
– Ms Campagna – Core Resource Teacher
– Ms. Quirt – Educational Assistant
I am also happy to announce that Mrs. Ewing, Core Resource Teacher has accepted a position at Good Shepherd in Holland Landing.
We also wish the following staff blessings of love, happiness and good health in their retirement.
– Mr. Dineen – Grade 1/2 Teacher
– Ms. Mallen – Grade 1 Teacher
– Mrs. Fraser – Grade 6 Teacher
On behalf of the staff of St. Bernadette’s, we wish you and your family a wonderful summer holiday and we wish those families that are leaving us much love, success and happiness with their new endeavours.
For those that are returning to St. Bernadette, have a blessed, joyous and safe summer.
Mrs. deHaas, Principal