Dear St. Bernadette Families,
Welcome back to the 2020-2021 school year. We continue to work with our stakeholders, including the Ministry of Education and York Region Public Health, to ensure a safe return to school.
If you have questions about the York Catholic District School Board’s school re-entry plan, visit www.ycdsb.ca to see the full plan, read the FAQs, access parent resources, and more.
Our office is open this week from 8:30 -4:00 pm. If you have any questions, please contact us at 905 722-6226 or send us an email. Please note, visitors are not allowed in the school at this time.
Transportation routes can be accessed by visiting www.schoolbuscity.com Please contact us directly, if you have any questions about the bus routes.
We will be re-organizing students in classes and you will receive an email prior to school identifying your child’s teacher and new routines.
This week, I would suggest ensuring your child has the following supplies:
– Re-usable water bottle – Students will be encouraged to fill up their water bottles at the water filling station during the day. All other water fountains have been closed.
– Change of clothing (socks, pants, top, undergarments) – We will be outside often and a dry change of clothes would be appreciated. They can remain in a bag at school.
– Indoor, skid-proof shoes – not black soled
– Personal play pack – Some ideas may include: skipping rope, sidewalk chalk, tennis ball, cards, colouring book, crayons, pencil crayons, markers, personal play dough, puzzle, books, magazines, Rubix cube etc.
Teachers will send out a list of required classroom consumable materials on the first day of school.
YCDSB elementary schools will reopen the school year using a staggered entry schedule. Please send your child to school on the following dates according to their grade:
- For JK and SK students, the first day of school is Friday, September 11.
- For Grades 1 to 3, the first day of school is Thursday, September 10.
- For Grades 4 to 6, the first day of school is Tuesday, September 15.
Once students return to school on their designated start date, they will continue to attend school following their regular schedule.
We thank all parents, guardians and students for their continued patience and support as we plan for the safe reopening of schools.
Thank you and we look forward to a safe year full of learning.
Mrs. deHaas, Principal